Recently completed, this ambitious £8 million new-build project for Helston Garages involved the design and development of two distinctive dealerships for premium brands Jaguar Land Rover and Volvo.
Meda acted as Architect and Project Manager during the 72-week development of the dual-brand flagship site, which is situated on Toneway in the historic Devon town of Taunton.
The ground had previously been the site of a council depot and was adjacent to major broadcasting and drainage infrastructure, which resulted in complex negotiations with statutory undertakers such as utility providers.
The specifications of the two new facilities are as impressive as their appearances.
- The Jaguar Land Rover showroom has been designed and built to the brand’s ‘Dual Arch’ standards and includes:
- 16-car showroom display
- 2 handover bays
- 18-bay workshop
- 75 external approved used product display spaces
- Three-level parking deck.
- The Volvo showroom has been designed and built in-line with the brand’s ‘Volvo Retail Experience’ (VRE) concept and includes:
- 7-car showroom with 2 ‘shop windows’ to workshops
- 4 ‘Volvo Personal Service’ (VPS) workshop bays
- 29 ‘Selekt’ approved used car display spaces, including feature car.
For more information about architecture, project management and other construction services we provide, check out the case studies on the Meda website –experiencemeda.com/pages/build.html – or contact Richard Atkinson: +44 (0) 1235 448 580 / email@example.com